Wednesday's Wicked Workout! - 1 July 2015
First Time Here?.....Start Here.
I hope you enjoyed last Wednesday's Wicked Workout.
Remember, if you have any questions or suggestions about the Wednesday workouts then just drop me a line at email@example.com
This week's workout makes use of a technique known as 'AMRAP' - an acronym for 'As many rounds as possible.'
I first encountered the technique when I was doing a bit of Crossfit a few years back. It's an awesome technique to make a short workout brutally intense and allows you to get in a very effective, but short workout.
This week, we'll be doing a 20-minute AMRAP session.
So in 20-minutes, do as many rounds as possible of:
- 12 diamond push-ups
- 5 Pistol Squats (Right Leg)
- 5 Pistol Squats (Left Leg)
- 12 'Dead Bugs'*
* A 'Dead Bug' is where you lie on your back with your arms stretched out above your and then simultaneously bring your left leg up and reach up with your right hand to touch your left foot. Return to the starting position. That's 1 rep.
Then do the same, but this time with your right leg and left hand. Keep alternating until you get to the desired number of reps.
Your first round or 2 of going through these exercises will seem fairly easy, but if you keep pushing as hard as possible for the 20 minutes, cramming in as many rounds as possible, you'll soon realize that 20 minutes can be a very, very long time.
* If you're unable to do the diamond push-ups, do regular push-ups.
* If you cannot do pistol squats, do another 1-legged type of squat, either a 1-legged squat where you support yourself in a door frame or a Bulgarian Split Squat, or even a lunge.
Give it your all and don't give up!
PS: Don't forget to join the Lean and Muscular community to receive more butt-kicking workouts every Wednesday. Just for signing up, I'll give you my 4-week PRISON WORKOUT TRAINING PROGRAM. Sign up here
Article by: Bryan Hamann.
Bryan is a personal trainer, certified bootcamp instructor, Ironman Triathlete and author of THE PRISON WORKOUT.
Join the Lean and Muscular community and get insider access to fitness secrets most trainers don't want you to know!
To get you started, claim your 4 week, "PRISON WORKOUT" training program and nutrition guide. Just enter your email below so I know where to send it..
If you'd like to learn more about how to get the body of your dreams, in the simplest, cheapest, most efficient way, you'll also find these articles very useful: